What treatments can I expect?
One of the strengths of my services is the vast array of treatment options available. Each treatment plan is individually tailored to each patient based on their specific needs and preferences. Some options include:
- Nutritional counselling – The food we eat each day is one factor that we can change that can significantly impact our health for the rest of our lives. Focusing on optimal nutrients is key for any treatment plan as well as determining any food sensitivities or reactions specific to an individual.
- Detox and Drainage – Detox and drainage works to remove substance from the body that prevent it from healing and functioning to its full ability. These strategies work to improve our major excretory glands and systems including the liver, kidneys and digestive system through the use of dietary interventions and supplementation.
- Supplementation (herbs and nutrients) – Supplementation can be helpful to promote and support functions in the body as it begins to heal and function more optimally. Ideally, except for some basic general health promoting supplements, not all supplements are meant to be taken long term. The goal is to use them to get you back on track and then to use supplements only for what we cannot obtain from our diet.
- Lifestyle counselling – Each day we have 50, 000 to 70, 000 thoughts! Wow that’s a lot! But how many of these thoughts are positive. Lifestyle counselling helps patients to take a look at their life to identify thoughts or habits that might not be serving them a positive purpose while helping you to engage in new strategies to reduce stress and improve your overall wellbeing. Mindfulness in our lives is key to helping to bring peace, clarity and health.
- Acupuncture – Acupuncture involves the insertion of fine needles below the surface of the skin. It can be used to treat many conditions and is based upon Traditional Chinese Medicine principles. In particular, it can be very helpful for treating muscular concerns (sprains, strains, muscle tension), menstrual irregularities, allergies, anxiety and depression and digestive disturbances.